August 28th 2007 - Water. It was what keeps our bodies flowing, and in many ways "going." If one does not have enough water, then the body has a difficult time keeping the intestines and vocal chords lubricated. If one does not have enough water, the skin tends to dry out. If one does not have enough water, then one cannot eliminate toxins well. I work with the lymphatic system of almost every client I see. Very few people drink enough water to keep themselves well hydrated. Also understand, that the body does not process fruit juice or soda as water. The body processes those for their sugar and treats them more as food.
Below I have the information from Dr. Christopher Vasey and his 13 Symptoms of Chronic Dehydration. I also have a comparison of Coca-Cola and Water.
Adapted from The Water Prescription, by Christopher Vasey, N.D.
1. Fatigue, Energy Loss: Dehydration of the tissues causes enzymatic
activity to slow down.
2. Constipation: When chewed food enters the colon, it contains too much
liquid to allow stools to form properly, and the wall of the colon
reduces it. In chronic dehydration, the colon takes too much water to
give to other parts of the body.
3. Digestive Disorders: In chronic dehydration, the secretion of
digestive juices are less.
4. High and Low Blood Pressure: The body's blood volume is not enough to
completely fill the entire set of arteries, veins, and capillaries.
5. Gastritis, Stomach Ulcers: To protect its mucous membranes from being
destroyed by the acidic digestive fluid it produces, the stomach
secretes a layer of mucus.
6. Respiratory Troubles: The mucous membranes of the respiratory region
are slightly moist to protect the respiratory tract from substances that
might be present in inhaled air.
7. Acid-Alkaline Imbalance: Dehydration activates an enzymatic slowdown
8. Excess Weight and Obesity: We may overeat because we crave foods rich
in water. Thirst is often confused with hunger.
9. Eczema: Your body needs enough moisture to sweat 20 to 24 ounces of
water, the amount necessary to dilute toxins so they do not irritate the
10. Cholesterol: When dehydration causes too much liquid to be removed
from inside the cells, the body tries to stop this loss by producing
11. Cystitis, Urinary Infections: If toxins contained in urine are
insufficiently diluted, they attack the urinary mucous membranes.
12. Rheumatism: Dehydration abnormally increases the concentration of
toxins in the blood and cellular fluids, and the pains increase in
proportion to the concentration of the toxins.
13. Premature Aging: The body of a newborn child is composed of 80
percent liquid, but this percentage declines to no more than 70 percent
in an adult and continues to decline with age.
Here is some more information on water, and one of America's favorite beverages. I do not know the source for this information.
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to
half world pop.)
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is
often mistaken for hunger. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
3. One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100%
of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
4. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
5. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day
could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
6. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory,
trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen
or on a printed page.
7. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
No wonder coke tastes soooo good:
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons
of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl
and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The
citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of
Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, And run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its Ph is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must
use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of
their trucks for about 20 years!
Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or a coke?
Timothy A Mast
1406 Falcon Dr
Louisville, KY 40213
Christopher Vasey, ND